Darke & Taylor’s own in house Electrical Services Department employs a specialist team responsible for the provision of reactive and proactive maintenance, test & inspection, small works services and undertaking smaller contracting projects within Oxfordshire. With a focus on customer service and an ability to deliver, the department is agile and responsive whilst being able to benefit from being part of a large, well resourced organisation. The team provide a total solution including design, costing, installation, commissioning, call out response and scheduled maintenance services across the entire range of cabled building services systems.
Installations and Smaller Contracting Projects
- Small Works : Design & installation expertise for new build, refurbisment and system upgrades/enhancements
- Local Builders : Our new bespoke department provides a service focussed on building and property development companies working locally in and around Oxfordshire
- Quotes : Free quotes and estimates provided to all of our customers
Headed by a Company Director, we have a directly employed, trained, experienced team that can design, prices, install and commission a variety of electro-technical disciplines including, mains electrics, lighting, fire detection, security, IT, telecoms and smart home systems. We are an award winning company and are fully accredited by and a member of the leading trade bodies in our industry. We strive for regular, open communication, excellent customer service and uncomplicated client relationships and our motto is “big enough to make a difference, small enough to care”
Electrical & Life Safety System Maintenance
- Planned Preventative & Reactive : All Maintenance Clients Benefit From Scheduled Regular Maintenance Visits Backed Up with 24/7/365 Reactive Call-out Service
- Mains Electrical : Mains, Sub-mains, Distribution Board, Power Accessories
- Lighting Systems : Luminaires, Lamp Replacements, Lighting Control Systems
- Life Safety : Fire Alarm & Emergency Lighting Maintenance, Alarm Receiving & Response
- Building Security : Intruder Alarms, Access Control, CCTV, Remote Monitoring & Response
- Backup Systems : UPS and Generator Maintenance
- Portable Appliances : Commercial and Domestic (Landlord) PATs Testing
The cost of an electrical system is not just a matter of the price paid to install it. Whole life cost is also an important factor, especially with the increasing complexity of today’s systems incorporating features such as emergency lighting, fire alarms, CCTV, data and telecoms networks, lightning protection and battery backups. With most buildings and their systems heavily reliant on a reliable supply of electricity, the cost of electrical system failures are considerable. In addition landlords and building occupants are required to maintain electrical, life safety and security systems to comply with legislation and insurance requirements. The best way to protect these strategic systems is to ensure that regular maintenance is undertaken which will maximise system performance and help ensure safety for building occupants.
Test & Inspection
- Surveys & Advice : Thermographic Surveys, Visual Condition Reports, Advice on Safety Upgrades, Portable Appliance Testing
- Periodic Inspection Reports : Regular Periodic Inspection & Testing, Electrical Installation Condition Reports to UK Standard BS 7671 – Requirements for Electrical Installations (IET Wiring Regulations)
- Emergency Response & Rectification : Fault Finding, Isolation/Making Safe of Elecrtrical Supplies & Remedial Works
- New Installations : Completion Certificates and Commissioning Reports
- Staff : Test Engineers Qualified to C&G2395 Standard
- Accreditations : NIC EIC Approved Contractor, NIC EIC Domestic Installer Part P Registered, Electrical Registered Competent Person, Electrical Safety First
- Clients : Oxford University Estates Department,
With over 40 years on the NIC EIC roll of Approved Contractors, Darke & Taylor are audited every year and comply with all relevant technical and safety standards. Our specialist, trained and experienced test engineers are experts at assessing electrical system safety and ensuring that our customers are protected from the effects of defective installation, damage, wear, tear, corrosion, excessive electrical loading, ageing and environmental influences.