Here are some examples of work we have completed in the Science, Technology and Industrial Sector to the highest standard, and to complete customer satisfaction.
Air Accidents Investigation Branch, Farnborough
- Type : Commercial New Build
- Value : £270K
- Client : Department for Transport
- Main Contractor/Project Manager : Morgan Ashurst
- Architect : Oxford Architects
- Building Services Consultants : Turner Townsend
Darke & Taylor Contracting was responsible for the installation of all electrical, data and life safety systems to this new build office block. In addition to installing modern offices and conference facilities, there was also a need to provide bespoke solutions, including installing EMI/RFI filtering and data systems to black box recorder labs, to enable the AAIB undertake its highly specialist work.
Abbott Diabetes Care
- Type : Design & Build – Industrial
- Value : £3.5M
- Client : Abbott Diabetes Care Main
- Contractor/Project Manager : Project managed by client’s own team
As the nominated electrical trade contractor, Darke & Taylor Building Services Design with Darke & Taylor Contracting was responsible for the full design and installation of electrical services to this key manufacturing site for Abbott Diabetes Care – the world’s largest company specialising in the development and manufacture of test strips for people suffering with diabetes. The works were undertaken across two large buildings encompassing R&D, manufacturing, distribution, office space, training rooms and a canteen. The project required Darke & Taylor to show specialist expertise and competency in clean room and FM Global standard fire alarm system installation.
McKesson Data Centre, Warwick
- Type : Commercial Fit-out
- Value : £1.1M
- Client : McKesson
- Main Contractor/Project Manager : Overbury
- Architect : Atisreal
- Building Services Consultants : Graham Powell Consultants
In an environment where time is money, the fit-out at the data centre and offices for this leading health care services to provider was a rapid turnaround, delivered to the requirements of a precise programme. The work undertaken by Darke & Taylor Contracting included the installation and configuration of mission critical backup power systems.
Siemens Magnet Technology, Oxon
- Type : Industrial Fit-out
- Value : £1M
- Client : Siemens Magnet Technology
- Main Contractor/Project Manager : Various contractors and direct to client
Over a number of phases, Darke & Taylor was involved in the development and extension to the factory for the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of superconducting magnetic resonance imaging magnets for medical applications. Additionally, as Principal Contractor, we undertook an extensive design and fit out of the factory using specialist industrial busbar systems to provide power to delicate coil winding machines and industrial factory cranes.
- Type : Commercial – Retail, Hotel, Entertainment
- Value : £1.25M
- Main Contractor: Laing O’Rourke
- M&E Services Lead: Crown House Technologies
Westgate Oxford was a £500M redevelopment of the original 1970s shopping centre and represents a focal point for the regeneration of Oxford city centre. Darke & Taylor were employed by Laing O’Rourke to undertake the electrical installation contact in the car parks and loading bay of this large new-build shopping centre.