Darke & Taylor has joined Oxfordshire Greentech, a new business network designed to boost the growth of the low carbon sector in Oxfordshire, which was launched in February at the Said Business School in Oxford.
The initiative aims to promote Oxfordshire as a centre for low-carbon solutions, support local organisations seeking to adopt a more sustainable approach, facilitate sharing of knowledge, and enable local businesses to showcase the steps they are taking towards creating a low carbon world.
Simon Newton, Managing Director at Darke & Taylor, was at the launch event and commented: “There are a number of ways in which businesses can reduce their carbon footprint. Firstly, they need to look at if they are able to measure their energy consumption and then ascertain their biggest source of CO2 emissions. From then on it is a case of identifying how they can improve their performance and putting in place processes to monitor energy consumption once solutions are established. This is something that Darke & Taylor as a business regularly reviews as part of its ISO14001 Environmental Management System”
Darke & Taylor itself has implemented several initiatives designed to improve its resource efficiency. These include:
- The installation of circuit monitoring on the electrical distribution at its office so it can understand where and when they use electricity
- Monitoring fleet fuel consumption
- Regularly replacing vehicles with energy efficient models
- Installing solar PV on the office and using the renewable energy generated on site
- Monthly reporting on energy consumption to identify any increases early on
- Setting targets for waste processing to increase re-use and recycling rates and reduce waste to landfill
An 11kW solar array is also due to be installed on Darke & Taylor’s other premises at Blenheim Office Park later this month.
To find out more about how Darke & Taylor can help businesses reduce their environmental impact and save money through solar energy, LED lighting, electric vehicle charging and battery storage, visit https://darkeandtaylor.co.uk/services/services-energy-solutions, or call 01865 290000 and speak to the Energy Solutions team